Quick and easy vegetarian curry
quick, easy recipe that is loaded with veggies and spice!
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 14 1/2 oz can diced fire roasted tomatoes, drained
- 3/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 15 oz. can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup green peas, thawed and drained
- heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and saute until softened. Then add garlic and cook an additional 30 seconds.
- To skillet, add milk, yogurt, tomatoes, and curry powder. Season with salt and peppers.
- Bring mixture to a summer and cook until slightly thickened, around 2 - 3 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and cook until spinach wilts, probably 2 - 3 minutes.
- Serve hot with desired additional toppings such as sliced green onions, chopped peanuts, chopped cilantro and a squeeze of fresh lime juice.