This rice bowl packs the goodness of turmeric chicken, kale, garlic, chickpeas, and avocado into one delicious recipe. Perfect for any meal!
Recipe provided by Frontier Coop
Turmeric Chicken, Kale and Rice Bowl
- 1 cup Brown Rice
- 2 1/2 cups Water
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tspn Olive Oil
- 1 large bunch Kale shredded
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 cup Chickpeas
- 1 pound Chicken Breast boneless, skinless
- 2 tsp Turmeric Root ground
- 1/4 tsp Smoked Paprika ground
- 1/4 tsp Fine Sea Salt
- 1 Ripe Avocado sliced, and garnish
- 1/4 cup Sunflower Seeds for garnish
- In a medium pot, combine rice and water. Bring to boil, reduce to a simmer and cover. Cook for about 45 minutes, until rice is tender. Drain any excess water if needed.
- While rice is cooking, heat a large pan over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and kale. Cook, stirring often, for 2-3 minutes, until Kale has started to wilt. Add Garlic and cook for another 2 minutes or until Kale has wilted and garlic is golden. Stir in Chickpeas, then transfer to bowl.
- In another bowl, combine chicken, turmeric, smoked paprika and salt. Toss until well coated
- In the same pan in which the kale was cooked, add remaining 2 teaspoons of olive oil and the chicken. Cook, over low heat for about 12-15 minutes, until chicken is done.
- Slice chicken and assemble bowls with a layer of rice, the kale and chicken. Top with fresh avocado slices and a sprinkle of sunflower seeds.