There are new items and some new flavors at the Paducah Olive Oil this month. We’ve received several new varieties of pastas this month. Stop in and try Lemon Basil Fettuccine or Garlic basil pasta. Some of our new balsamic flavors are lemon and pomegranate. The spicy olive oils are back on the shelf as well.
Another new (or just refilled) item is our Alder Wood Smoked Sea Salt. Heavily aromatic, it come highly recommended for grilling. The saIt is smoked over red alder wood and adds a wonderful smoky flavor to meats and vegetables. Some of the health benefits of sea salt are:
- Salt Is Integrally Involved In Digestion
- Essential For Good Heart Conduction
- Necessary To Facilitate Body Movement
- Helps To Prevent Iodine Deficiency
- An Important Element Of Rehydration
- Helps To Reduce Diabetes Risk
- A Salt Water Gargle Can Promote Good Oral Health
Everyone is raving about Everything Blend! It’s been unavailable for a while but now we have this incredible spice combo in two different ways. It’s in a pre-packaged 3.49 oz shaker at the price of $6.24 or in bulk by the oz. at a cost of $1.04 per oz. It is great on bagels with cream cheese (of course), and also on oatmeal cookies, bran muffins, and a personal favorite follows!
- ½ pound of sliced bacon
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbs. everything seasoning
- Combine flour and seasoning in a quart sized plastic bag.
- Shake bacon in bag with flour mixture.
- Fry bacon at medium to low heat in an iron skillet and try to turn only once.
You got to try it to believe it, but you’ll never eat plain bacon again!