Sweet Cinnamon Maple Pecans
Easy Sweet Cinnamon Maple Pecans ~ perfect for the Holidays ~ perfect as a homemade gift ~ perfectly delicious! Vegetarian and Gluten Free
- 1 egg white refrigerated
Baking and Spices
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon ground
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Coconut Sugar *Cane Sugar or Raw Honey may be used to substitute
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract pure
Nuts and Seeds
- 1 lb Pecans halves
- 2 tsp Water
- 2 tsp Maple Balsamic Vinegar https://paducaholiveoil.com/shop/balsamic-vinegar/maple/
- First off, grab a large ziplock bag and load it up with Coconut sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Zip the top and shake it all around to combine.
- Separate your egg yolk from the white. Add the egg white to a large bowl.
- Add about 2 teaspoons of water and good vanilla ~ not the imitation, but the pure extract.
- Grab a fork and whisk until frothy. You want big gloriously puffy, sparkly egg white bubbles.
- Pour in your pecan halves and use your fork to stir and coat each pecan in that beautiful frothy vanilla egg white mixture.
- Add 2 tsp of Maple Balsamic Vinegar and mix again.
- Dump these beauties into your big bag of cinnamon sugar. Zip the top and shake, shake, shake! The pecans will be coated in every granule of sugar and look very wet. That’s perfect!
- Pour out onto a baking sheet coated with olive oil. Bake at 250° for 1 hour, stirring every 20 minutes with a spatula.
- Let them cool and enjoy!
If you manage not to eat them fresh out of the oven, set out bowls throughout the house at your Christmas dinner so guests can grab a handful. You can even pack them up in mason jars wrapped with a burlap bow for friends and neighbors.