- 1 1/2 pounds organic Yukon Gold potatoes, unpeeled, washed, cut into 1″ pieces
- 2 cups fresh asparagus spears, woody parts trimmed, cut into 1″ pieces (spinach works too)
- 1 bunch green onions finely chopped – you could also opt for shallots or onion here instead
- 1 cup Canadian bacon or smoked ham cut into 1″ pieces – or go meatless with sautéed mushrooms
- 1 cup grated Gruyère cheese or substitute for any cheese you like, or simply leave it out, it’s all good
- 8 large eggs, whisked
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 cup UP EVOO or any infused olive oil of your choice. (I love the Dill!)
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
Place the cut potatoes in a medium pot, cover with water, and bring to a boil over high heat. Boil for 5 minutes, drain, and reserve.
In a large, heavy, oven-proof skillet (a 12″ cast iron is ideal here) heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the potatoes and cook until golden brown, turning once. Add the green onions, asparagus, and sauté over medium heat for another 2 minutes.
Whisk together the eggs, salt, cheese, and pepper. Pour over the potatoes directly into the pan, shake the pan a couple times gently to distribute the egg, and pop the pan in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until the egg is set and the top is golden brown.
Remove from the oven, and run a knife along the inside perimeter to loosen from the pan. Allow to cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Cut in slices and serve with a lovely salad of baby spinach or arugula dressed with Milanese Gremolata whisked with Sicilian Lemon White Balsamic for a light, healthy meal.
Posted by Rachel Bradley at 2:43 PM