this recipe is taken from “Time After Time, A Farm to Table Culinary Journey”, by Michele Castellano Senac
Saucy Balsamic Sliders
- 2 lbs Ground beef 80% lean and 20% fat
- 4 tbsp Chipotle Olive Oil plus some extra for buns
- 2 tbsp Dark Chocolate Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 1 tsp Adobo seasoning
- 12 slider Buns or rolls
- 6 oz Cheese grated, such as Swiss, Gruyere, or Jarlsberg
- 3 small Tomatoes sliced
- 1 small red onion sliced
- 1 small avocado sliced
- In a large bowl, place ground meat. Add remaining ingredients and mix gently.
- Shape into 2 -inch round patties, 1/2 inch thick.
- Pre-heat grill pan or outdoor grill. Place sliders on grill and cook for about 4 minutes, turning over and cooking and additional 4-5 minutes.
- If using cheese, add it to the sliders for the last 2 minutes of the cooking time.
- Slice buns and brush with Chipotle Olive Oil. Place cut side down on grill for the last 30 seconds. Or, place them on a baking sheet, cut side up and broil for 30 seconds in the oven.
- Assemble the sliders with the condiments, place on a serving plate and serve immediately.