These super healthy olive oil pumpkin muffins are the perfect way to indulge without any guilt. These tasty treats are full of vitamin-packed pumpkin, heart-healthy olive oil and are sweetened with maple syrup and honey, which are significantly healthier options than white or brown sugar.
Recipe courtesy of Rachel at www.setthetableblog.com
Olive Oil Pumpkin Muffins
- 1 cup pumpkin purée (canned or homemade)
- 2 Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 1 cup Paducah Olive Oil Butter Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a regular muffin tin with liners and set aside.
- Combine the pumpkin, eggs, vanilla, olive oil, maple syrup and honey in a large bowl. Whisk until smooth.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and pumpkin spice seasoning.
- Sprinkle the dry ingredients over the wet ingredients and fold until just combined.
- Fill each muffin liner 2/3 of the way full of batter.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until the muffins have puffed up nicely and developed a light golden crust.