Olive Oil Mashed Potatoes with Garlic & Parmesan
- 2 heads garlic top third of each cut off
- 1/4 cup Paducah Olive Oil's Butter Oil
- 6 pounds Yukon gold potatoes peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 pinch Kosher Salt to taste
- 2 cups 2 % milk warmed on the stove until just steaming
- 8 ounces parmesan grated
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Place the cut garlic on a sheet of aluminum foil. Drizzle with enough olive oil to coat, then wrap garlic heads in the foil. Bake for about 1 hour, until the garlic is very soft. Let the garlic cool for a few minutes and then squeeze the cloves out from the skins into a small bowl. Mash and stir with a fork to form a smooth paste.
- Meanwhile, place the cut potatoes in a large pot and add cold water just to cover. Bring the potatoes to a boil then season with salt. Cook over medium high heat until tender when pierced with the tip of a knife, about 20 minutes. Drain and return to the pot.
- Mash the potatoes with a potato masher then stir in the warmed milk. Add the roasted garlic paste and stir until well incorporated. Stir in the Parmesan cheese until combined. Add ¼ cup Butter olive oil and stir to combine. Season with salt to taste and transfer to a serving bowl. Drizzle with more olive oil and serve immediately.