This recipe was provided by Veronica Foods.
Mushroom-Sage Infused Chicken Pot Pie
Spring veggies, rotisserie chicken, fluffy buttermilk biscuits... does it get any better? Yes, yes it does. When you make a creamy, luxurious mushroom-sage sauce to blanket all of that tasty goodness, it gets a whole lot better.
- 2 cups sliced carrots diced
- 1 cup Celery chopped
- 1 large yellow onion diced
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1/2 cup yellow potatoes diced and microwaved for 3 minutes
- 2 cups skinless chicken cooked and diced
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1/3 cup Paducah Olive Oil's mushroom-sage olive oil
- 3 cups chicken stock or broth
- 1 cup heavy cream or milk
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 stick unsalted butter chilled, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup Paducah Olive Oil Butter Olive Oil
Pot Pie Instructions
- Grease a 13" x 9" baking pan or casserole
- Heat a large, heavy bottom pot over medium heat. Add the olive oil, celery, onions, and carrots. Saute for 5 minutes until carrots are just tender.
- Add the flour and stir thoroughly so no dry spots remain. Whisking constantly, add the chicken stock to the flour and vegetables.
- Bring to a simmer stirring constantly until thickened. Add the cream and continue simmering and stirring for a couple of minutes.
- Check and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper. Add the potatoes, cooked chicken, peas, and thyme.
- Scrape the filling into the casserole or baking pan and set aside to cool slightly while you make the biscuits.
Buttermilk Biscuit Instructions
- In the bowl of a food processor add all of the dry ingredients and pulse. Add the chilled butter and pulse a few times to incorporate and create small pea sized lumps of butter.
- Add the butter olive oil to the buttermilk and pour over the dry ingredients. Pulse a few more times until a loose, moist dough forms.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Roll out the dough to 1" thickness and cut out biscuits 2" in diameter.
- Place the biscuits on top of the pot pie filling about 1" apart. Brush with additional buttermilk.
- Bake for 25 minutes until biscuits are fluffy and golden