Well, we’ve been promising a newsletter for our friends and here is our first attempt! We have a few new items to tell you about first. We now carry Clayton’s Mill stone ground corn meal which is produced locally. We are also carrying corn meal mix from Clayton’s Miill. Reviews on it have been great! There are now several sizes of Kennemeade Farms sorghum available. Come in and try it.
We’re adding a recipe for caprese salad using the Strawberry balsamic. I’m sure you will enjoy it!
Caprese Salad with Balsamic reduction
Prep: 15 min
Cook: 10 min
Total: 25 min
1 cup Strawberry Balsamic
½ cup honey ( we have Sting my Knee local honey!)
3 large tomatoes, sliced into ½ inch slices
16 oz, fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into ¼ inch slices
½ teaspoon pepperman
½ cup fresh basil leaves
¼ cup Arbosano extra-virgin olive oil
- Stir balsamic vinegar and honey together in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Then reduce heat to simmer and cook until the mixture has reduced to 1/3 cup. Set aside to cool.
- Arrange tomato and cheese slices decoratively on a platter. Sprinkle the salt and pepper over the top and spread fresh basil leaves over the top. Drizzle with the olive oil and reduced balsamic.
- Enjoy with friends!
6 Amazing Benefits of Balsamic Vinegar
- Low in calories
- Potassium found in these vinegars can reduce risk of hypertension
- In moderation, it can help to regulate blood glucose levels.
- Can invigorate your immune system, much of which resides in the gut, and reduce inflammation in the stomach which can consequently eliminate symptoms of constipation and upset stomach.
- Balsamic vinegars are linked to controlling your overall cholesterol levels.
- Phytonutrients in vinegars can neutralize free radicals and stop them from causing oxidative stress in the body, including the skin. This can help to treat inflammatory conditions and prevent premature aging.
Orgaincfacts.net/balsamic-vinegar.html Eat Well and Live Healthy!