Mango Shrimp Bites
Keep a bag of frozen, cooked, peeled, and deveined shrimp in the freezer to have on hand for this tasty, healthy appetizer. If fresh mangoes are not available, frozen mango chunks work fine with this recipe...not to mention the amazing flavor of the Mango Balsamic Vinegar!
- 1/2 pound Shrimp cooked, peeled, deveined, and chopped
- 1/2 Fresh Mango finely diced, about 1 cup
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup Red Onion finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp Ultra- Premium Extra-Virgin Oilve Oil
- 1 Tbsp Mango Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Lime juice
- 2 tsp Fresh ginger grated
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Pepper to taste
- 24 Endive leaves About 3 small heads
- Gently remove endive leaves and wash. Allow to dry
- Combine shrimp, mango, onion, cilantro, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lime juice, ginger, salt and pepper. Spoon mixture into endive leaves
- The shrimp mixture can be made about one hour before serving.
- Endive leaves should be filled no sooner than 30 minutes before serving. Arrange endive leaves on a serving platter and serve.
- Cilantro and Roasted Onion and/or Persian Lime Olive Oil can be used to enhance the flavor
- This dish also makes a delicious salad. Just chop up the endive into bite size pieces, combine the chopped shrimp and all other ingredients and toss and serve.