Mamaw's Cornbread Dressing
- 1.5 Loaves Stale White Bread Crumble. Should make about 6 or 8 cups
- 3 Cups Cornbread Premake cornbread (Approximately 1 box) and crumble
- 1/2 Cup Onions Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Celery Chopped
- Turkey Broth Save the turkey broth from your turkey
- 2 tsp Butter Oilve Oil
- 4 Eggs Prebeaten
- 1 tsp Celery Seed
- 1/2 tsp Sage
- Crumble and mix your stale white bread and your cornbread together.
- Add onions and celery to the bread mixture
- Mix Butter Olive Oil and Turkey Broth.
- Add hot turkey broth and oil over the bread mixture ad desired. It should be soupy. Taste for correct flavor. Add salt and pepper to taste (about 1 tsp if necessary)
- Add eggs to the mixture
- Add celery seed and sage
- Bake in a greased/oil covered dish at 400 degrees for about 1 hr- 15 minutes. When it starts cooking good, reduce the heat to 350 degrees.
- Remove the lid for the last 15 minutes to brown the top.