It’s hard to believe that we are already half-way through the year, isn’t it! July always has plenty of hot weather, and fireworks. Paducah Olive Oil has a few items to help you cool down or spice things up – whichever way you like it. The fireworks displays throughout the area were awesome. Paducah did a spectacular job on the riverfront and even included food vendors and music. Metropolis had a great aerial show that could be seen from across the river. Mayfield celebrated its independence as well as its bicentennial with a fabulous weekend of activities.
We feel blessed to live in such a great country and we also celebrated our country’s freedom and independence here at the Paducah Olive Oil Co. by offering specials and inviting our customers to share their thoughts on what patriotism means to each of us. Ronda Norsworthy took home our gift basket with her ideas of patriotism. Thanks to all of you who shared!
We have an exciting event coming up soon. Kara Rogers from First Rise Sour Dough in Mayfield, KY will be our special guest at a class on Monday evening, July 24th. She will share her knowledge of making sour dough bread and some of it’s health benefits. Cost of the class is $10.00 and class size will be limited so make your reservations quickly. Evenings at the Paducah Olive Oil are fun times and we know you will enjoy this class. Reserve a spot by calling 270-534-5790.
One new item that we have is Adaptogenic mushroom dust. It is a great additive in drinks, rice, veggies, soups. Some of its health benefits are that it improves brain health and boosts your energy levels. It can help clear mental fog, help control blood sugar, and blood pressure. It sells in a 30 serving package for $25.00. Wildfire fire tonic is back in the store and ready for you to stock up on before school starts and the colds season arrives. We have small and large sizes and a new growler size!
We have a few new recipe ideas to share with you. Hopefully, they are adaptable to cool summer meals! Hope you enjoy and we look forward to coming in the shop!
Japanese Ginger Salad Dressing
- 1 cup Toasted Sesame See Oil (available at Paducah Olive Oil Co.)
- 1/4 cup White Honey Ginger Balsamic vinegar (available at Paducah Olive Oil Co.)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 lemon, juiced to taste
- 3 cloves garlic (crushed)
- black pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk the balsamic, soy sauce, garlic, and pepper.
- After combining above ingredients, add the oil in a steady stream, whisking constantly.
- After whisking oil into balsamic mixture, pour and enjoy!
Crunchy Turkey Salad
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil (available at Paducah Olive Oil Co.)
- 3 TBSP Black Fig Balsamic Vinegar (available at Paducah Olive Oil Co.)
- 1 TBSP Poppy seeds
- !/4 tsp ground pepper, freshly ground
- 1 large head Bibb lettuce
- 2 cups cooked turkey or chicken diced finely
- 3 large green onions chopped
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup chow mein noodles
- Whisk oil, balsamic, poppy seeds, and black pepper in a small bowl and set aside
- Clean lettuce and chop finely (should make about 8 cups)
- Transfer to a medium-sized bowl and add turkey, almonds, onions, and noodles.
- Toss with dressing and serve immediately.
Bluberry Barbeque Sauce
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup Blueberry balsamic (available at Paducah Olive Oil Co.)
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup (available at Paducah Olive Oil Co.)
- 3 Tbsp ketchup any variety
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Place all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil
- Reduce heat and simmer 15 min. or until it begins to thicken
- Remove from heat to cool
- Place mixture in a blender and process until smooth