Recipe provided by Mrs. Crystal Troutt, Owner of Troutt Old Time General Store and Market in Paducah Kentucky.
Heirloom Tomato Caprese Salad
- 5 Heirloom Tomatos assorted colors if desired
- 1 pkg. Fresh Mozzarella (6 oz)
- 1 tbsp Paducah Olive Oil's Tuscan Herb Olive Oil
- 2 cups Mixed Baby Greens
- 2 tbsp Paducah Olive Oil's Traditional Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- Crusty Italian Bread
- Fresh Basil Leaves
- Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
- Rinse tomatoes and gently pat dry. Cut each tomato into 1/4 inch thick slices, starting from bottom of the tomato.
- Place greens on a large platter. Cut mozzarella into thin slices.
- Decoratively fan tomato slices, mozzarella and basil over greens, alternating varieties of the tomatoes for contrast.
- Drizzle salad with vinegar and olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.