Recipe provided by Veronica Foods – Delizia Olive Oil
Greek Style Chicken Souvlaki with Lemon
- 1 cup whole milk plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup Paducah Olive Oil Garlic Olive Oil
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp Paducah Olive Oil Neapolitan Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tsp Kosher Salt
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups Chicken breast boneless, skinless, cut in 1" pieces
- Place the marinade ingredients into a bowl and whisk thoroughly. Add the chicken and marinade into a ziplock bag or large bowl with a cover. Refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours or up to 24 hours.
- To cook the chicken, prepare a grill for indirect cooking, or preheat the oven to 400 F. The chicken can be cooked on skewers or in a single layer on a greased broiler pan.
- If grilling, place the skewered chicken on to the grill over indirect heat, turn every two minutes to cook all sides of the chicken, approximately 8 minutes in total. Remove and allow to rest briefly while covered.
- If broiling in the oven, either skewer the chicken or place in a single layer on a mesh cooking rack or broiler pan. Cook the chicken on the top rack at 450 F. for 6 minutes and then turn the broiler on for an additional 4 minutes of broiling. Turn the chicken to brown each side. Serve immediately
This recipe is great served on a salad with olives, onions, and blue cheese. You can also serve it over a bed of rice or quinoa.