Recipe Provided by Michele Castellano Senac, Author of Time After Time, Farm to Table Culinary Journey
Finest Flourless Chocolate Cake
- 10 ounces High-quality 60% cocoa bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup Paducah Olive Oil Butter Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Paducah Olive Oil Butter Olive Oil plus a drizzle to coat cake pan
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tsp Dark Chocolate Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup High-quality unsweetened cocoa powder
- Confectioner's Sugar to dust top of cake
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat 9-inch round cake pan with Butter Olive Oil.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate chips, Butter Olive Oil, and Dark Balsamic Vinegar and microwave for 1 minute. Stir contents to blend and microwave 30 additional seconds.
- Add sugar and salt and still well.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating with a mixer until smooth.
- Add Cocoa powder and stir in thoroughly.
- Pour batter into cake pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until there is a thin crust on the top.
- Turn cake onto a rack and allow to cool.
- Before serving, dust top with confectioner's sugar.
- Place individual pieces on plates and serve.
- Top can also be drizzled with Dark Chocolate Balsamic Vinegar
- This cake is delicious with Blood Orange, Lime, or Chipotle Olive Oil and Strawberry, Raspberry, or Dark Espresso Balsamic Vinegar.