Recipe from “As Old As Time” by Michele Castellano Senac
Extra Special Smashed Potatoes
Smashed or mashed. Who doesn't love the taste of potatoes? The added flavor of White Truffle Oil puts this dish on the list of favorite comfort foods!
- 3 lbs red potatoes cut into large cubes
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary divided
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 4 tbsp Rosemary Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp White Truffle Olive Oil plus a few drops for serving
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- ground pepper to taste
- Cut potatoes into large cubes (no need to peel) and rinse well.
- Place in large saucepan and cover with water.
- Remove the leaves from half of one of the rosemary sprigs, then place the sprigs into the water.
- Add minced garlic and 1 teaspoon of salt. Bring potatoes to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are soft- usually about 15 minutes.
- Drain and remove the rosemary sprigs. Place potatoes in a large bowl.
- Mince the remaining rosemary leaves.
- Add rosemary, Rosemary olive oil, White Truffle oil, half-and-half, salt, and pepper.
- Using a fork or potato masher, mash the potatoes in the saucepan until all ingredients are well combined and the potatoes have reached the desired consistency.
- To serve, place in colorful serving bowl, drizzle a little extra White Truffle Oil on the top. Serve warm.