Recipe from “As Old As Time” by Michele Castellano Senac
Extra Special Smashed Potatoes
- 3 lbs red potatoes cut into large cubes
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary divided
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 4 tbsp Rosemary Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp White Truffle Olive Oil plus a few drops for serving
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- ground pepper to taste
- Cut potatoes into large cubes (no need to peel) and rinse well.
- Place in large saucepan and cover with water.
- Remove the leaves from half of one of the rosemary sprigs, then place the sprigs into the water.
- Add minced garlic and 1 teaspoon of salt. Bring potatoes to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are soft- usually about 15 minutes.
- Drain and remove the rosemary sprigs. Place potatoes in a large bowl.
- Mince the remaining rosemary leaves.
- Add rosemary, Rosemary olive oil, White Truffle oil, half-and-half, salt, and pepper.
- Using a fork or potato masher, mash the potatoes in the saucepan until all ingredients are well combined and the potatoes have reached the desired consistency.
- To serve, place in colorful serving bowl, drizzle a little extra White Truffle Oil on the top. Serve warm.