Like a bright star in the night sky, tangy, vibrant chimichurri can illuminate dishes such as grilled or roasted meats, roasted vegetables, starchy dishes, and even seafood. There are no rules about when or where you can use this versatile condiment to bring a splash of flavor and pleasing contrast to your culinary creations.
By using exceptional ingredients, even in simple applications such as this, a high level of refinement can be obtained. The finest, freshest olive oil on the planet, used as the base for Chimichurri pays homage to the early harvest green fruit notes unique to UP extra virgin olive oil. The green herbaceous flavors will elevate your chimichurri to levels heretofore unknown.
Recipe provided by Veronica Foods – Delizia Olive Oil
- 2 cups Italian Parsley Leaves Fresh, packed
- 4 medium Garlic Cloves peeled and smashed
- 1/4 cup Oregano Leaves Fresh, packed
- 1/4 cup Paducah Olive Oil Red Pinot Noir Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 cup Paducah Olive Oil Certified UP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Place the ingredients in to the bowl of a food processor and pulse until the ingredients are chopped and the sauce is combined. Can be made ahead and stored under refrigeration for up to one week in a tightly sealed container. Freezes well for future use.