Balsamic BBQ Sauce
Recipe provided by Veronica Foods - Delizia Olive Oil.
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar your choice- (dark balsamic works best here)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon molasses or honey
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons Paducah Olive Oil's Baklouti Green Chile Pepper Olive Oil You can substitute any UP EVOO or any fused/infused olive oil
- 1 small white or yellow onion
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika mild or spicy
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper optional
- 2 teaspoons Kosher Salt
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil of your choice in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add ketchup, Worcestershire, molasses or honey, brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, mustard, granulated garlic, smoked paprika, black pepper, cayenne pepper and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer until slightly thickened, about 30 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Transfer sauce to the jar of a blender and blend until smooth. Let cool to room temperature, transfer to a jar and store in refrigerator for up to a month.
- This is great on everything - chicken, ribs, burgers, shoes. You can literally put it on anything.