Bacon Wrapped BBQ Meatballs
- 1 1/2 lbs Ground beef
- 3/4 cups Oats
- 1 cup Milk
- 3 Tbsp Onion Very finely minced
- 1 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 lb Bacon thick sliced, cut in half
- ground pepper to taste
For Cooking Meatballs
- Olive Wood Smoked Olive Oil
- 1 bottle Rufus Teague BBQ Sauce Whiskey and Maple flavor, Honey Sweet, or Touch O'Heat
- Preheat oven 350 degrees
- Combine all meatball ingredients. Roll into medium-small balls and place on a cookie sheet. Place sheet in freezer for five minutes.
- After 5 minutes, remove meatballs from freezer and immediately wrap each meatball with a half slice of bacon.
- Brown meatballs in Olive Wood Smoked Olive Oil until just brown. Place into a baking dish.
- Cover the meatballs with the Rufus Teague BBQ sauce.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes on a cookie sheet or in a 9x13 glass dish. *You can also place the meatballs on a cookie rack in the pan. This will keep the meatballs out of the bacon grease.*(If you use quality organic cuts of meat, you won’t have much grease)
- At 20 minutes, take out and drain out bacon fat if needed. Brush on BBQ sauce and place back into the oven for 15 minutes.
- Brush on more BBQ sauce and place back into the oven for 10 minutes. Total cooking time is 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve on toothpicks, or with egg noodles, mashed potatoes, or crusty french bread.