This Apricot Chicken with Brie Cheese and Bacon is such a tremendously flavorful dish. It is sweet, tangy, savory. Persian Lime Olive Oil, Brie Cheese, Bacon and Apricot Balsamic Vinegar pair so well together. This will quickly become a new favorite!
Apricot Chicken with Brie Cheese and Bacon
- 5-6 chicken breasts
- 3 tbsp Paducah Olive Oil Persian Lime Olive Oil
- 12-14 oz Brie cheese sliced into 5 or 6 slices
- 1/2 cup Paducah Olive Oil Apricot Balsamic Vinegar reduced
- 3/4 cup bacon cooked and chopped
- 10 oz Apricot spread
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Spray baking sheet with vegetable spray and set aside.
- Using a knife to cut a pocket into the side of each chicken breast. Salt and pepper the chicken on the inside and the outside.
- Heat a large skillet to medium high heat, Add olive oil and heat. Place chicken in hot pan and brown each side for 2 minutes.
- Remove chicken from the skillet and place in baking dish.
- Using tongs, carefully stuff chicken with the sliced Brie cheese.
- Layer cheese with ½ cup crumbled bacon, saving ¼ cup for the top of the chicken.
- Spoon apricot spread over the top of the chicken.
- Top with remaining bacon and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until chicken is done.
- Drizzle chicken with reduced balsamic and serve.
To Reduce Balsamic Vinegar
- Place balsamic vinegar in glass bowl.
- Microwave vinegar for 1 minute and stir. Repeat until balsamic begins to boil.
- Continue cooking for 30 second increments, stirring each time. Repeat until vinegar has thickened.